1) Introduction & The German question (pg: 216-220)
2) From takeover to conformity: The USSR and Eastern Europe (pg: 220-224)
3) The United States, containment and Western Europe (pg: 224-230)
4) On every front (pg: 230-232)
5) A Wasting asset? Nuclear weapons (pg: 236-238)
6) Culture and propaganda & The Cold War’s Hot Kitchen (pg: 238-240)
7) The Berlin Wall & Conclusion (pg: 240-242)
BBC Article: The Legacy of WWII: Decline, Rise and Recover
BBC Article: President Truman and the origins of the Cold War
George Orwell’s You and the Atomic Bomb
CNN article: What the Berlin Wall still stands for
Please read Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono,the president of Indonesia’s article in The New York Times titled, “The World Cannot Afford A New Cold War”
-What is the main point of his article?
-Do you agree/disagree with his point? Why? Please explain in detail.
-Do you think we have a new Cold War going on today? Please explain.